Mold and Other Aerosol Irritants

A mold is a fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae. An aerosol irritant is a colloid of fine solid particles or liquid droplets in air or another gas that causes discomfort, watering of the eyes and rashes.


Anything described as moldy is not good. Mold Is a major environmental concern in commercial and residential properties.

Any irritant that is aerosol form can be potential dangerous to a human or the environment. If not stored properly the containers can leak and the chemicals can escape. This can contaminate an area or potentially harm whoever is in the vicinity. Mold Molds are ubiquitous in nature, and mold spores are a common component of household and workplace dust.

However, when mold spores are present in large quantities, they can present a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems. Some molds also produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals. Some studies claim that exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death. Prolonged exposure, e.g. daily home exposure, may be particularly harmful.